List of the participants of the third round:
- Mr Luigi Carroccia (Italy)
- Ms Galina Chistiakova (Russia)
- Mr Seong-Jin Cho (South Korea)
- Mr Chi Ho Han (South Korea)
- Mr Aljoša Jurinić (Croatia)
- Ms Su Yeon Kim (South Korea)
- Ms Dinara Klinton (Ukraine)
- Ms Aimi Kobayashi (Japan)
- Mr Marek Kozák (Czech Republic)
- Mr Łukasz Krupiński (Poland)
- Mr Krzysztof Książek (Poland)
- Ms Kate Liu (United States)
- Mr Eric Lu (United States)
- Mr Szymon Nehring (Poland)
- Mr Georgijs Osokins (Latvia)
- Mr Charles Richard-Hamelin (Canada)
- Mr Dmitry Shishkin (Russia)
- Mr Alexei Tartakovsky (United States)
- Mr Zi Xu (China)
- Mr Yike (Tony) Yang (Canada)
The auditions for the third round will begin on 14 October at 10:00 AM and last until 16 October. The first pianist to appear will be Luigi Carroccia from Italy.
The program for the 3rd round includes:
- Sonata in B flat minor, Op. 35 or Sonata in B minor, Op. 58 or all Preludes, Op. 28.
- A full set of Mazurkas from the following opuses: 17, 24, 30, 33, 41, 50, 56, 59
- A work or works of choice by Fryderyk Chopin (only if the remaining portion of the performance does not fulfill the minimum time requirement designated below).
Duration of performance in the 3rd round: 50–60 minutes.
The names of the Competition’s finalists will be announced on 16 October (late evening).
© Fryderyk Chopin Institute 2015